Discussion: My Blogging Journey + a Video!

Remember awhile back how all those Youtubers were doing that “Draw Your Life” thing with the white boards and stuff? I’ve always wanted to do one of those but I condensed mine down to a quickie version of how I got into book blogging.

As most of you know, I’ve been doing this blogging shtick for five years and it’s honestly given me a lot of confidence, friendships, and most importantly, FUN. I could go on and on about all the amazing people I’ve met, and the things I’ve experienced, so I put together this spark notes version of all that good stuff into this video.

And I’d love to hear from you too (or see you make your own)! How did you get into book blogging? How long have you been doing it? Let’s talk!

(Excuse the hideous “dubme.tv” thing in the video. I wasn’t going to pay $3 to get rid of that)

12 Replies to “Discussion: My Blogging Journey + a Video!”

1. Ahh Paige! This is soo cute! And congrats to 5 years! I love that reading is now considered cool because READING! I know, growing up, pre Harry Potter, not a lot of my friends read at all. When HP came out in 97, I was in 6th grade, and sort of grew up with it! Hooray!

I have been blogging since 2006-07 ish but I think waaay before, maybe around 2001 when blogging was still starting.. XD of course those blogs are gone now but my book blog (started in 2012) still lives!

1. Thank you!! I also grew up with Harry Potter (ah the nostalgia of waiting by the door for that next installment to arrive. I’ll never forget that).
      Wow! You are an OG blogger haha! Congrats on your journey as well 😀

2. PAIGEEEEEEE THAT VIDEO IS ADORABLE! And happy 5 years of blogging! I’ve been blogging for about…10 months? And I love it! I had a bookstagram first and had that for a while. I saw Alexandra from Twirling Pages had a blog, which made me want to make one, and BOOM! I did! I’m happy with where it is now, and can’t wait to see where it goes in the future. <333

1. haha “BOOM” I feel like that’s the way we all sort of fall into blogging. But oh my gosh happy 10 months! Are you loving it or ARE YOU LOVING IT? I’m so glad that we met 😀

3. That is an adorable video, Paige.
    Congratulations on your fantastic journey.
    Happy Reading!
    ~Icky. 🙂

4. Oh my gawd! You really are adorable. Frankly, your enthusiasm for book blogging inspires me to keep writing. And other book bloggers, too – I mean it isn’t all on you! But it really is so great to see your excitement over books you love. Congrats on five years.

1. Oh my goodness thank you so much! It’s authors like you that give me the enthusiasm to keep blogging so the feeling is definitely mutual 🙂 Thank you for your very sweet comment!

5. in 19th June it’s going to be 2 years since my first blog post! 🙂

6. This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, and thank god you returned to Twitter, that’s how I found you and what the heck would I do if I didn’t have you to bother on DMs all day and send dumb Father’s Day cards to?!

1. I’m really glad you think so because you are literally the Youtube Queen.
      Where would any of us be without Twitter?

7. This is such a lovely video and cute post! You’re a good drawer and I loved hearing your blogging story, it was a really nice way of showing it. Great post!

1. Thank you so much for your kind words! (Psst, you don’t have to lie, we all know I’m a terrible drawer hehehe!)

Leave a Reply to Emily Cancel reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.