Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for creating this meme!
Today’s Topic: October 13: Top Ten Author Duos You’d LOVE To See Write A Book Together (aka my (Jamie’s) world would explode if Gayle Forman and Jandy Nelson wrote a book together) — might be hard to come up with 10 but still would be fun! Bonus points if you tell us what kind of book you’d like them to write!
- J.K. Rowling and George R.R. Martin. I mean OBVIOUSLY. Think about how epic a story that would be. Though finding a balance between children’s and teen fiction and the goriness of George R.R. Martin’s worlds might be a little difficult.
- Simone Elkeles and Rachel Hawthorne. I LOVE both of these authors and they could probably come up with a really heart-wrenching and adorable story.
- Natsuki Takaya (author of Fruits Basket manga) and Kiiro Yumi (author of the Library Wars manga). My two all-time favorite mangas and manga artists teaming up? That’d be so epic!
- Nichole Chase and Jennifer Probst. Have you read their series’ yet? No!? Go do it right now. They both write such awesome steamy romance books that I know a pairing up of the two would include tons of awesomeness.
- Brian K. Vaughan/Fiona Staples (creators of Saga) and Jonathan Luna/Sarah Vaughn (creators of Alex + Ada). These awesome duos could become even more awesome if they teamed up (in my opinion) and they all already write/draw for Image Comics, so Image….make it happen. (Unfortunately, couldn’t find a picture of Sarah Vaughn, you mysterious lady)
- Lang Leav and Tyler Knott Gregson. Think of the beautiful poetry these two would create *squees with excitement* There would be so much cool material that these two could come up with
- Stephanie Perkins and Meg Cabot. Come on, another no brainer here. These two ladies are so fantastic on their own that together they could take over the YA world.
- James Patterson and Stephen King. When I was younger, for awhile I thought these were the same person for some reason (yes, shake your head in disbelief). But going on with that train of thought, wouldn’t it be cool if they could come up with a story together!?
- Another duo that I thought was the same person for some reason; George Orwell and Ray Bradbury. The wit, the criticism of our world and culture, oh my! It would have been fantastic.
- Last but not least! Colleen Hoover and Abbi Glines. Another set of fantastic authors who would make the best toe-curling, steamy, “smashing your face into a pillow because you can’t handle the romance” romance. I would fangirl so hard
Which authors would you like to see team up? What list have you compiled? Leave links in the description! I’d love to check them out!
8 Replies to “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Author Duos You’d LOVE to See Write a Book Together”
J.K. Rowling and Martin would be epic. A high fantasy Potter could be cool, and they both like killing characters.
My TTT: https://samwhitehousewriter.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-two-authors-id-like-to-see-write-a-book-together/
Brian K. Vaughan/Fiona Staples and Jonathan Luna/Sarah Vaughn would be seriously amazing. For real, Image, make it happen! My TTT!
Stephanie Perkins and Meg Cabot! Why didn’t I think of pairing them together? I also LOVE your George Orwell and Ray Bradbury pairing.
I’d love to see the fights that would ensue between Rowling and Martin every time he wanted to kill off a character. An Orwell/Bradbury would be fun, too. Maybe Bradbury could help Orwell to express his ideas in a more well-written way. Anyways, My TTT
Perkins & Cabot – Yes! Perfect! My TTT
I haven’t read a Colleen Hoover or Abbey Glines book but from what I have read about those two they would be a great pair.
George Orwell and Ray Bradbury would be amazing, and I’m pretty surprised I didn’t think of it myself! My TT is here, in case you’re interested: https://brownbooksandgreentea.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-author-duos-youd-love-to-see-write-a-book-together/
OMG STEPHANIE PERKINS AND MEG CABOT IS A DREAM.